We’re hiring English-speaking Java Developers who are looking for new challenges designing and building highly scalable and highly resilient applications and platforms in Java. Most recently, our Java Developers have been working on projects in Spring for tech companies in Silicon Valley, combining Kotlin or Groovy for clients working in DSLs, georeferencing platforms, and much more. This could be the perfect opportunity for you to magnify your impact by joining a global company working with top-tier international clients.
As a Java Developer, you’ll:
- Design and build Java-based applications and platforms.
- Align stakeholders across the software development lifecycle.
- Enhance your knowledge of Java and other languages and technologies such as Groovy, Kotlin, and Scala.
- Analyze user requirements and business objectives.
- Determine application features and functionality.
- Recommend changes or improvements to existing applications.
- Collaborate closely with your team to deliver maximum value to clients.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Experience developing in Java, which will allow you to build scalable and resilient applications.
- Knowledge of streams, lambda is ideal.
- Knowledge in frameworks such as: Spring, Hibernate, Akka, VertX, or similar. It’s not necessary that you know them all, at least one or two.
- Knowledge in unit testing, design patterns and TDD.
- Skills in languages such as Kotlin, Groovy or Scala as we sometimes mix several languages based on JVM.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and serverless, such as AWS Lambda.
- Experience with Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- A high level of conversational English is required as you will be in constant communication with your peers in several countries.
- Motivation to learn new technologies and skills and a drive to exceed expectations.
With us, you’ll:
- Have access to a broad spectrum of learning opportunities through our network of over 4,500 international colleaguesand top-tier clients.
- Collaborate with some of the world’s most successful companies to maximize business value and deliver world-class services.
- Work in an agile environment, implementing and following engineering best practices in different projects.
- Constantly learn from top talent in the U.S. and Colombia and participate in courses and training activities.
- Positively impact the communities where we operate. We have many social responsibility programs that you can be part of, including multiple teaching programs in communities, universities, and schools, as well as programs to promote the role of women in technology.
About Perficient Latin America
Perficient Latin America operates at the intersection of drive, quality and innovation, providing advanced software engineering services at the speed of nearshore. With more than 600 professionals operating out of offices in Medellín, Bogotá and Cali Colombia, Perficient Latin America is part of Perficient’s optimized global delivery approach. Perficient is a leading digital consultancy that partners with some of the world’s biggest brands to imagine, create, engineer and run digital solutions.
We put people first, which means giving our teams the space and the resources they need to discover and innovate, supporting them in their development endeavors and career growth, and providing unique and top-tier challenges collaborating with international clients. We’re growing fast and we’re looking for ambitious, collaborative problem solvers that want to help us drive that global growth!