We're looking for skilled, English-speaking DevOps Engineers to work with some of the most recognized software development companies in Silicon Valley. The right person for this role is experienced designing solutions and deploying reliable and highly available systems in the cloud. Ideally, this person also has experience designing and implementing processes to accelerate the stable delivery of software. Do you thrive in challenging situations? Are you excited about driving change through software? If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you!
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll:
- Design and implement operationally effective, reliable, scalable, highly available, secure and cost-effective solutions in the cloud.
- Identify and carry out strategies to optimize the operations of an application, including deployment, backups, monitoring, and more.
- Build continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
- Construir pipelines de Continuous Integration y Continuous Deployment.
- Create and maintain high-availability, resilient infrastructures.
- Implement monitoring systems.
- Create self-serving tools like automated, on-demand pipelines that reduce dependencies with developers, automating access configuration, abstracting repository creation, and others.
- Ensure strong security policies and best practices are executed throughout all levels of development.
- Automate processes to enable rapid development and deployment.
- Implement strategies and technologies to increase feedback cycles throughout the development process.
- Understand how to deploy to orchestrators.
What you'll need to succeed:
- You should be familiar with at least one technology in each category, but we’d love it if you are experienced in more than one!
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, GCP, Azure or the cloud of your choice
- CI / CD: Jenkins, CircleCI, GoCD, Azure Devops, CodeBuild, Travis CI, Electric Flow, Octopus, GitOps, TFS, Bamboo (you only need experience in one of these!)
- Containerization: Docker, Rocket, Podman
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, AKS, GKE, Swarm, Marathon, Rancher, Mesos
- Monitoring: CloudWatch, Stackdriver, Elastic Stack, Sumo-logic, Datadog, Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, New Relic, NaGios
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Azure and Google specific as well.
- A high level of conversational English is required as you will be communicating directly with your peers in several countries.
- Passion for coding and constant learning. We expect you to continue learning new technologies and expanding your skillset.
As part of our team, you'll:
- Have access to a broad spectrum of learning possibilities because of our ability to connect DevOps to the whole development lifecycle.
- Bring your expertise closer to development, not work in a siloed area.
- Collaborate with international clients to define processes, cultural shifts, and necessary technologies in order to maximize business value.
- Work on an constantly evolving service with people that want to shape and implement that vision, creating an open set of challenges.
- Work in an agile environment, implementing and following engineering best practices in different projects.
- Constantly learn from very talented people and participate in courses and training activities in order to stay current in all things technology.
- Positively impact the communities where we operate. We have many social responsibility programs that you can be part of, including multiple teaching programs in communities, universities, and schools, as well as programs to promote the role of women in technology.
About Perficient Latin America
Perficient Latin America operates at the intersection of drive, quality and innovation, providing advanced software engineering services at the speed of nearshore. With more than 600 professionals operating out of offices in Medellín, Bogotá and Cali Colombia, Perficient Latin America is part of Perficient’s optimized global delivery approach. Perficient is a leading digital consultancy that partners with some of the world’s biggest brands to imagine, create, engineer and run digital solutions.
We put people first, which means giving our teams the space and the resources they need to discover and innovate, supporting them in their development endeavors and career growth, and providing unique and top-tier challenges collaborating with international clients. We’re growing fast and we’re looking for ambitious, collaborative problem solvers that want to help us drive that global growth!